SPINOFF: How Do You Celebrate Samhain?

I will be performing a spell this year to basically have a rebirth of myself. I thought it would be the perfect holiday to do it. What about you?

NickyJamesMom

Asked by NickyJamesMom at 1:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Besides dressing up as how we want to be for the year to come, we do the whole trick or treat thing, then we have a celebration of our ancestors/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• We will do a mute dinner.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• A rebirth ceremony is wonderful! We did one many years ago. I normally join a friends coven for a day or so. We use to camp with them while they did the festival but since we have our daughter now we have not camped. It is the end of Oct after all! The last time we camped it got so cold we left that night and rented a hotel. We came back the next day but we just couldn't stand to be outdoors in that kind of weather. After my DD was born I did not want to expose her to that.

BTW, if anyone is in KY and would like info on the Samhain festival your welcome to attend. Here's the website. http://www.moonstruckky.com/samhain.html

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• scrying, Tarot, and other forms of divination
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• A rebirth ceremony on Samhain? What an interesting take on the holiday. I love to hear how different people are inspired by the turning of the wheel, it always gets me thinking.

As for my family, we are going to have a Harry Potter inspired feast, hand out candy to trick or treaters, then I will end the evening with meditation, divination & a simple ritual acknowledging my ancestors.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 12, 2009