Should I tell him he can give me less child support if I get this job?

I have an interview with a lady Saturday who runs an in home day care. If I get hired I will get a room plus $250 a week. My husband agreed to give my $400 a month CS. If I don't get the job it will be barely enough bc I will have to rent a room somewhere for $400-$500 a month. Plus I will need FS. If I get the job I won't need FS if I get $500 from him. My bills will be $300 for my car, $200 for insurance. Plus food and other necessities.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• I meant I won't need FS if I get $400 not $500.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't accept less from him just because of a job. There's no garuntee and he needs to support his child!
    Anonymous

• No, take the child support and the job, you have to share a room with your kids? I would take the money $400 is not enough for diapers and formula hardly, don't stress on it, you need to take care of your kiddo!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Ps on that income you can still get food stamps and you should, because you need to provide the best life you can for your kiddos!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• hell no.. take the money and run..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 1:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Don't lower his child support, he needs to be contributing to the support of his child. Any money you can make in addition to his child support will be your contribution to raising your child. If you happen to lose this job, will he agree to raise the child support back up? Really it would be best to have the court set his child support, and then have it taken out of his paycheck and sent to you. Makes it less personal between the two of you, it's not him GIVING you money. KWIM?
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• wow, men are really awful, i wonder if he feels like a real man knowing that because of him his wife and child have to rent a room and apply for FS. i dont know why u guys broke up and it doesnt matter. he should be able to have you at least in an apartment, not a room.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• You do what your conscience tells you to do.

Having a good relationship with the Ex is good for you and your child's father in the long run.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• 400 a month is a decent amount for your ex to pay if he doesnt make much..but dont lower it...I dont get why some women comment saying he should be renting you a apartment..This is the real world some men dont make much and how can they afford 1k a month for there ex to have a aaprtment if they make 1500
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 4:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2009