IS IT NORMAL TO BE SOO CRAMPY AT 37 WEEKS?

I have been having braxton hicks all along, and a ton of them, BUT yesterday after my dr. appointment (im not dilated or effaced at all!) i took a nap and was woken up by the worst period liek cramps ever! Also in the middle of the night last night, and all day today it seems like /I am on my period, just normal period cramps, is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it's normal. Your body is getting prepared for labor. I was having braxton bad braxton hicks at 37 weeks and ended up having my baby! You're probably going to go into labor soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• You might be in labor, I went with the same thing the same day 2 times on the second visit I was dialated to a 6! Are they coming regularly or off and on, get your watch and see how long in between! If it is just like regular period cramps you just might be dropping, but from the sound of it my guess is you might be having a baby today or tomorrow, GOOD LUCK!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Well Im not having contractions, or any tightening in my belly or back or anythnig! just the usual aches and pains, and now last night those bad period like cramps! but not tightening with it...still think something could be going on? even though i was just checked like 3 hours prior to it happening and iwsnt dilated or effaced at all??!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• You might be in early labor. Call your doctor.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 2:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• You'll be fine till that water breaks. Nothing to worry about till then. I was in high school when I was pregnant with my son and at one point I couldn't fit behind the desks anymore. So one day in film class, I think I was at 38 weeks, I had the absolute worst cramp ever. It was so painful I made a really loud sound, embarresing now that I think about it, the whole class just about jumped. Then of course everyone was worried as shit and I was sent to see the nurse. Damn that was funny. Even had to have a "babysitter" go with me because my teacher was worried something would happen in the hallway.
    mehamil1

Answer by mehamil1 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yes normal baby might be on his/her way soon
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Your doctor could have started something when s/he checked you, maybe sent you into labor because that is what it sounds like!! Congrats and good luck!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2009