how would i go about making a chore chart? I also need a disaplin chart or something...

so my children and I know what is expected when misbehaving. I have an awful habit of not staying consistant and i'm also somewhat unorganized so I think charts would be a good thing for the household. I'm a single mom dealing with a 7 and 8 year old and just need some good advice and ideas please...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Just get started, trust me I have 4 and I am still working it out after a month. I have charts all over but hopefully they will follow them, also, allowance, you want something huh, LOLOL, I told them when they continue they will get raises, my daughter is saving for America doll. :) she is working hard, my other one just don't give a hoot. :(. So work hard, and eventually It should pay off, it is getting better. 5, 6, 10, 13. they are starting to get the hang of it, you just reminded me I have to make the new one up. Good luck, and I am here to support you lord knows I need the same.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My 7 yr old has a behaviour chart. We have alist of house rules on her wall and each night we sit down and talk about her day and how things went and if she's been good enough she gets a sticker on her chart and when she fills her chart up she gets a special day out. Of course this is not a replacement for being consistent in the repercussions if she does not behave. For both my kids I use timeouts. My 5yr old gets a warning first but my 7 yr old goes directly to time out (of course it depends- sometimes I warn her if it's something like sit down nicely and do her homework, sometimes I don't if it's something like hitting).
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 1:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Example of my 6 year old she will be seven in Oct.

Dry Dishes
    Sweep Floor
    put dishes away
    wipe dust off tables
    clear table off.

If she does her chore she gets time to play her DS. I give her 1 or 2 night depending on which one she gets. No play time until chores are done.

daily:
    She makes her bed, puts clothes in hamper and cleans up her room. Still working on it, but she does it when I tell her. Eventually she will do it out of habit.

Don't badger them, let them make the bed the way they want to, just show them every once in a while.

Good Luck

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• There are some great examples online and some that you can customize and print out, just google it.

Answer by missanc at 4:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• make a list of chores and a time that you need that chore to be completed by. making a chart is useless if you dont stay consistent with enforcing it. Remind your kids that every action and non-action has a consequence.
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 12:36 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I would check with a school/church supply store. They have charts for everything- I like the dry erase ones so you can start over each month. THey also have rewards too. My system includes chucky cheeses tokens. They are cheap enough and the kids will do anything for that extra gold token. Its worth more to them than money these days,.
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 12:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Look at this website I used
    handipoints.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2009