ever see one of those moms that have a toddler in public who is throwing a fit

wave and say hello, because chances are it is me

I have aborted the fantasy of actually doing any errand with my toddler!

holding the door open because it takes both of my hands to hold her would be appreciated. saying something to all the people staring at me because they must think my daughter is being abused or has something wrong with her, i can not tell these people that she is really fine, she just is expressing herself, she does this because she is TWO and wrote the book on TERRIBLE TWOS, and you can say things point blank to the rude ones that say things to me while I am trying to remove my child from your quiet little store and put her in her safe car seat and take her home out of your ear range and so sorry I caused any displeasure in your life, I live with this daily.
so if you see me out with a screaming tantrum throwing beautiful little girl, smile and say "I know how you feel, I have been there too"

boredmom44

Asked by boredmom44 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh.. sounds like a wonderful day. :-)
    Mine isn't even two yet, and she routienly acts like this, so I am real excited to see how much more I get when she actually hits those "terrible twos." :-)

GOOD LUCK MOMMA, and I've been there too :-)
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• We have all been there. Good luck Mama!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• ha so not wehre i thought it was gonna go when i read the title
    soo been there
    good luck
    it does get better
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Even more when it's your 5yr old carrying on like someone is killing him! Actually it always makes me smile when I see that because I have been there so many times.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 1:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Actually it always makes me smile when I see that because I have been there so many times.
    ___
    LOL, same here.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I am grateful that my son only ever had two major meltdowns in public. He had plenty at home, but only 2 had a full audience. Unfortunately both times happened to be at places where someone I knew was there at the same time. Once place had a neighbor get to watch him kicking and screaming on the floor, another had a co-worker walking in just in time to see me carrying him out and down the street, still screaming.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Oh Sweetie, there isn't a mother on the planet that hasn't been there, the good news is that the little darlings grow up and you can leave them at home.big smile mini

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• From now on I'll smile at them! I usually won't look their way because I know it pisses me off when my son is throwing a fit and people stop and stare. Sometimes an older mom will say something to my son like "It sounds like you are having a bad day!" Then my son will stop and look at her probably thinking "Who is this lady talking to me?" but it calms him down for a minute! So I'm grateful for that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• OH OH! YOu know what. If I had the balls, I'd go up to you and tell you to put your child down rather than removing her from the situation! Why reward her becuase others may stare or want peace. Screw them! :)
    Anonymous

• Oh honey.....most of us have been there...........though I hate to tell ya, with my experience. Terrible Two's were a precurser to Terrible Three's. It does get better :) I promise lol!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2009