HOW SOON??

for those of u married or engaged....how soon did you know that he was THE 1?
days? weeks? months? years?
thanks

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• It took me about 3 months.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Oh about a month, maybe 2.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Instantly with my so now. Never was sure with my ex hsbnd.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 2:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Honestly i knew the first time i saw him, i know everyone says that but i truly did. I even left my boyfriend at the time for him!!
    brooklynjean07

Answer by brooklynjean07 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Do we ever really know? I've been divorced 3 times and the stories are too long to get into about the reasons why. I really didn't want to marry #1, but went through with it anyway because I was pregnant and thought it was the right thing to do. We had separated for 3 months and he promised he would change. Yeah right. I didn't want to marry #2 either, but again was pregnant and his family really really put the pressure on about having a baby out of wedlock etc. So we married, had 3 kids together, and then divorced. What a frickin waste of my time, other than the beautiful kids I had. #3 - well I really was in love with him. I thought he was THE ONE and thought so pretty much right away. We had everything in common, and he was good looking and loved my kids and so we got married. It was great for a few years, until he couldn't hide his drug use anymore, or his cheating, or his lying, or his reason for (cont)
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 4:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• (cont) not being able to hold a job and then I was devasted. I really believed we would be married forever and it all just blew up in my face. I had really bad trust issues after that. But along came my Dino. Neither of us were in a hurry to get married, he had never been married before, said he would never get married. 3 1/2 years into the relationship and we just tied the knot. Do I absolutely positively for sure 100% know he is THE ONE and this will last? Nope, but if I don't take the chance I will never find out. You can only make your decision at the time with the information you have at the time, and hope for the best. Sorry this was so long!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 4:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• After a few months... he says he knew as soon as he met me.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2009