At what time of the day can you see yourself talking with your husband with no children around?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Honestly....we don't talk. lol. After our daughter is in bed, he is playing WOW and only talks to his guildies via headset. He is usually too hyper when he comes home from work, and he eats dinner at the computer while playing Farmtown. So, if I need to talk to him about something VERY important I can call him on his lunch break and he will usually give me 3-4 minutes.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• A lot of times we meet for lunch (noon to one) and we have time to talk then. Otherwise it is after bedtime (8:30ish pm).. :-)
    Occasionally we boot our girl to my parents house (not really, they beg for her to come over, so every once in a blue moon we give her to them for the night) and we get to talk then.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Before he goes to work in the morning, about 1 hour. On his lunch, about 1 hour sometimes 2. And when he gets home if the kids are busy or when the kids are in bed after 8. And all weekend we spend together. We do talk a lot.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• We have 7 kids so we never really talk without the kids. We talk over them, around them and through them. But every once and a while we manage to talk on the phone with interuptions...but not often.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 2:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• After the kids go to bed around 9 until 11 or so. And then there are weekends (like this one was supposed to be until my mom got sick) where my older kids go to their dad's and my baby goes to his grandparents for the weekend, maybe every other month or so.

Answer by missanc at 3:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Mostly on the phone, while I'm driving to work. I leave for work when my son leaves for school, and DH goes to bed at about the same time as our son on weeknights, so we don't get time there. I work Saturday and Sunday nights so no opportunity there either.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• After 7pm. Or during naptime. Or when we have our lunch dates.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• 7:50 every night. son goes to bed and then we can talk one on one.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• When we need to talk or just spend time together, it's either after dinner (grandpa will keep an eye on them) and I'll go outside with him and enjoy the quiet while he smokes a cigarette (and I'm standing or sitting FAR away because I can't stand the smell), or we'll take a night and go to dinner or lunch on the weekend and get out everything we need to talk about because we're too tired/he's too busy to actually have a conversation during the week.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 4:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• After 8 or 9 pm normally.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 5:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009