My baby is 1 year old and I have not had a period yet is that normal?

Lizzy4

Asked by Lizzy4 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are bfing it can take a long time for your period to come back but most women get it by 7 mos at the latest because they start feeding their kids solids aroud 6 mos. It also depends if you were regular before you had your child.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 1:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Are you on any type of birth control, because that can mess with your period. Did you have a lot of bleeding after you had your baby? Did you go in for your 6 week check and everything was fine? Have you been back since then, because if it has been a year, you should be back any how for your anual exam... And regardless, I don't think it is "normal" to not have a period....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My son is almost a year old. I stopped nursing 4 weeks ago and just got my period back this week. If you are BF at all...some women dont get thier period back until they have stopped completly. If you aren't BF. I would just make an appt and have your thyroid level and horomone level checked.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I dunno about normal, but it sure sounds lucky!
    CuriousSarahM

Answer by CuriousSarahM at 2:21 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Are you bfing? My daughter is 7 1/2 months and I still dont have it back yet.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 2:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I nursed and didn't get my period back for 16 months. It was great lol.
    yelli

Answer by yelli at 9:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2009