What kind of a mom doesnt take there 2 1/2 yr old to the hosp when a tv lands on them?

Ok so my friend who has a bunch of kids has no brains. Told me the play pen she put the almost 3 yr olds was close to the dresser in there room where a very heavy tv was on it. Well next thing you know the tv gets pulled down on to one of the twins landed on her head and back. But yet she didnt take her to ER to at least get checked on WTF. Why would you put a play pen next to something so dangerous. In our town paper months ago was a story about a toddler dying when a heavy tv fell on them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Kids' Health

• What kind of a mom doesnt take there 2 1/2 yr old to the hosp when a tv lands on them?
    --
    A stupid one? Theres so many kids that die when that happens ... crazy
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I haven't put my 3 year old in a playpen since just before he turned 2...that seems odd to me that they were even in there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• maybie you should remind her the story and offer to take the kid yourself,some moms just are a little too "they will be ok" kinda moms.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• she said the kid is fine, but there coudl be some sort of trama like bleeding somewhere. its crazy i just dont understand it. Told my husband about it he said if i did that id be beaten because she needed to be checked out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

---
    Yea my daughter is only 8 months and shes about done w/ hers bc shes as tall as it lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• How heavy was the TV? How did it hit? Was the child OK after? Not every injury needs a rush to the ER. If child is moving w/o pain, then chances are nothing broke. Watch for concussions and bruising that continues to spread. Chances are the child is fine. WHy panic?

Was it stpuid to put the child in that position, sure. but mom may not have realized the TV could be pulled down. Sometimes they are so heavy even a grown man needs help moving them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Is the child ok, acting upset, ect? are its eyes dilating right? I have a friend whose son took a header off a table onto a concrete floor and was just fine. My son fell out of a cart onto the pavement in a parking lot head first and I was terrified. I called the triage nurse (don't know if I spelled that right) on our insurance card and she told me to look for the pupils different sizes or if he cried for longer than normal after a fall. Since he did neither of those I watched him a bit closer and tried not to worry about it.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 4:21 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I agree with the last two posters. Not every accident requires a trip to the hospital, there are signs to look for and if those signs present themselves then yes take them. But kids are surprisingly resilient......it often amazes me!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• T.V= 50Lbs exactly. where landed on head and back. I know i might worry especially to my own kid however the TV was on wehn it fell on the kid. Worst case mama shoudlve had reasons not to put the kids in the play pen so close to the tv. She knew about the article about the kid getting murdered with a tv with aprox weight and size. I love these kids like neices and nephewes but where has the Common sense gone?? Sure i might be over protective of my own fleash and blood but i love these kids as if there blood related. It Does not excuse the moms lack of Judgement. Symptoms coudl not even show but i Guess if they dont show it its cool to let them suffer and not know.
    Not saying every mom seems to not care but i feel bad for these kids even there mom lets them go hours and hours without being changed it is pathetic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• mind your own business
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2009