Is this ok?

Is it ok to let my rabbit run around my living room for a while in the evenings after I get off work, as long as there is nothing laying around she can get hurt by or into?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pets

• i dont think i could do that,do you have a gated front yard? i would do that instead.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• No I live in an apartment, unfortunatly
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yeah i know a stripper who does that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Why not, and while you are at it, why not litter train it so there's nothing to clean up.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Can you litter train a rabbit?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I have a house rabbit. She does not even have a cage. She has a litter box and when we are not home she has one room she stays in, but other than that she has free rein. As long as they are litter box trained it is the best thing for them. They need exersize and are very social so to be out and around you is great.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 1:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Thats awesome, I had no idea you could litter box train a rabbit...wow where have I been LOL. How do you go about training them?
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• *OP* I did not know that , how do I train her?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Who was the stripper Anon 1:55, your mom?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• To litter train my rabbit all I did was put a litter box in the corner of her pen where she would always go pee. She started going in the litter box then. Once she was going mostly in the box I would clean up any accidents immediatly. She then went only in the litter box because that is where her smell was. Also a trick a rabbit rescue told me was to put her hay in the litter box. Rabbits go to the bathroom while eating so that helps while training. Once she was trained we got rid of her pen and now she is a true house rabbit. Try googling litter training a rabbit and see if there is more info that might help you. I will have to say having a litter trained rabbit is easier clean up and a lot less smell.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 2:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2009