broken leg

i broke my babies leg! i feel sooo terrible! he wanted to go down a slide at the park and i thought it was too high for him to go down by himself cuz i thought he would hit his head and so i went down with him and his sole of his sneaker stuck to the side of the slide and twisted his leg and he got a fracture in his shin. they said its called a toddler fracture cuz it happens often to toddlers but he will need a cast. i cant imagine how he will be able to get around with a cast on! he is 18 months but very mobile, about like a 2 1/2 year old. has anyone else gone through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I haven't personally, but I worked at a peds office and it is a pretty common thing. I'm sorry that you are going through this. He will need to be as still as you can keep him for a few days and then let him figure out how to get around. He will learn and you will both be fine.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:21 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• will he be able to walk on the cast? do you know how long kids are generally in them? oh yeah, i forgot to mention the hard part--i also have a 6 month old. ugh how am i gonna do this?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2009