baby boys circumcised

what do you think about it?did you have it done to ur son

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is an individual choice of parents, I chose to have my son circumcised though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I looked at the pros and cons and decieded that it was better to have it done (not for apperences but for all the other supporting medical reasons). That is my personal opion. I know some moms will probly bash. I don't care. I found it to be the best option medically. You may not have doesn't matter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I had my son circumcised and it all went fine. We had a good doctor do it and when they brought him to me thirty minutes after the procedure it was like nothing happened for him. There were no problems at all and several days later the plastic ring (bell) dropped off into his diaper.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• We didn't have our son circumcised but we thought about it for a long time. I believe medically that there are good and bad things on both sides but all things being equal we didn't want our son to have an un-necessary medical procedure. That goes for everything in our kids lives not just cirumcision. If it was mediclally necessary or medically benificial then we would have had it done
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 2:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I think it is unnecessary, and I do not feel that it is ok to do. My son is intact.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My son is circumcised. I would do it again, but it did affect his nursing. He was really cranky for a couple days(understandably) and he wanted to sleep rather than nurse.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I didn't do it. I don't realy think it matters either way, My way of thinking was i got enugh to take care of with a new born without having to worry about keeping his peepee clean after a sugery. If there is an issue later on in life he can have it done then. Also my friend was having probles with her baby's pee pee it kept getting infected and had to get it redone at 3m old. So that kind of made my mind up for me
    KittyCalais

Answer by KittyCalais at 2:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I think it's a personal choice, but for the sake of the child I think his penis should look like dad's. Call me crazy, but I don't want my son to be standing with daddy in the bathroom peeing on fruit loops and have to ask why it looks different.
    CuriousSarahM

Answer by CuriousSarahM at 2:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My opinion is that people who do not get this done for their son are ignorant. Problems occur when you do not care for the circumcision properly...it can grow back if you do not keep the skin pulled back the first few months and put some vasline on. Peoples reasons for not doing this are usually really dumb.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 2:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• "Peoples reasons for not doing this are usually really dumb."

What reasons do you consider "dumb"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2009