I make every man I sleep with do this....

Not that I sleep with many guys, but when I find that I'm in a relationship & decide to take the next step & have sex, I insist that he take a full std test & show me the results BEFORE I allow him to slide up in me. I, of course, do the same for him. Just to be fair. HOW MANY OF YOU DO THIS?

My reasons: I have 2 daughters that depend on me for everything. I wont be careless enough to take the chance of leaving this world early b/c of a few minutes of pleasure. There's nothing worse than finding out you're hiv+ or have genital warts for life. Eeeww..

Lextacy

Asked by Lextacy at 2:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I have only been with one man, and I was his first too..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Im married but never did that.
    I probably wouldnt either unless they were someone who slept with lots of people casually.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It's insanely crazy to me how some people can have raw unprotected sex with someone they just met. Or the ones who have been in a relationship with someone for a few months & think they are in love w/ Mr. Right so she lets him have some w/out using protection or asking any questions about his past activities, only to find out a few months later that he's given her the gift of syphillis..
    Lextacy

Answer by Lextacy at 2:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I could understand but you should know the rules of STD's
    many of them dont even show up until 6 months after infection, such as HIV/AIDS so you should make sure your exclusivly with a man for 6 months and then get him tested, or it really doesnt matter because he could have banged some chick with an STD a couple weeks beofre you and next thing you know you got what she gave him. Russian Roulette
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I found out a year into a relationship that my boyfriend had Hep B AND Hep C. Luckily, I didn't get it(was immunized for B), but after that I was scared to touch him, and our relationship and sex life was ruined...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Dom123... I hear you. Trust me, I have tons of rules when it comes to doing the do. I just don't take chances w/my life. I know all about std's & how long it takes for each one to test positive after infection. I haven't been with many guys sexually, but trust & believe me when I say even after I make them take the std test, I still make them use a condom, always. I wish more women would do this.
    Lextacy

Answer by Lextacy at 2:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I applaud you. Not too many people do what you do. In my situation i have only been with my husband. But he was tested during his immigration process to get his green card. I saw the paperwork and he was disease free. Me on the other hand was a virgin. He trusted me when i told him that i was a virgin so he never asked for a test. I appreciated that. But good for you momma.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Can you buy and STD's test in the pharmacy?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Anon 2:48.... I'm sure you can. I know you can buy an hiv test right on the same isle as the pregnancy tests.
    Lextacy

Answer by Lextacy at 2:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• That is a very responsible and smart thing to do, props to you for taking necessary precautions.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2009