Why don't men like clingy women?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Because a clingy woman is usually a needy woman, and if someone is needy oftentimes, you dont get the time space and attention you need to solve your own problems and take care of yourself. Being on call 24/7 is exhausting. Just think about how tired you were when your child was a newborn. Noone wants that in a relationship, it isnt healthy.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 2:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• A few do. But the reasons the majority don't vary from not wanting a woman to "cramp their style" by being too "present" all the time, to not enjoying sharing everything about themselves with someone (which inevitably happens with a clingy partner, b/c they are just around, ALL THE TIME), to being more comfortable being "alone" (but still wanting a relationship). Or because it just makes the woman look less respectable (insecure, needy, etc) and that can be a turn off.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 2:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I think they need time to figure out how they feel about someone and if they want to be with her or explore their options. A clingy woman doesn't give them a chance to figure it out, so she's the first one to go...
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 2:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• it's annoying, i don't like clingy guys.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I think theres multiple reasons. Try to think of it like this, if your children are following you around the house, talking, asking a bunch of questions, following you into the bathroom, ect do you get frustrated and feel claustrophobic? I know thats a little extreme and that most women dont follow their man into the bathroom, but I would imagine thats the extreme that a man would feel it. I personally dont like clingy people either. I need time by myself and I dont like feeling bad for being like that. Someone whos clingy unknowingly makes me feel guilty for wanting to be alone.

EarthMom6

Answer by EarthMom6 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• They want a challenge and clingy gets tight and suffocating. They need their space......
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Or maybe it's not that she is "clingy" per se and it is just that the guy in the situation doesn't want an actual relationship. He wants her there when he wants her and when he doesn't, she is inconvenient. Men tend to throw around the word clingy when they want to play and don't want the woman around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• They like confident women who can be their partner not someone who will drag them down emotionally

Answer by admckenzie at 3:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My SO, actually likes clingy woman. I am not clingy...maybe i am..lol! I'm just in love w/ him. But he has admitted before that he wants a girl thats all about him. He admitted that he wants to feel like her only love (we were just friends at the time, i kept thinking 'it's me, it's me! I'm your only love, & your mine..lol) He Likes a strong woman, but not SO strong that she wears the pants. Every strong woman he was been in his past with has ended up this way. He mentioned that it was not so much their "woman strength" but the fact that they were OVER CONFIDENT. That too can be a turn off. My SO likes a strong woman, but a HUMBLE woman. There are a lot of strong woman out there who lack humbleness & sweet character, and end up being controlling & egotistical.

Men also like to maintain a sense of freedom, they don't want some over emotional, clingy girl crying every time they go out w/ the guys. They all need space...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It's not just men. I hate clingy guys. I am my own individual person, in a relationship or not, and I don't need some guy hanging on me every second of the day.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2009