Now I'm curious...

I was reading about the rabbit question and I was wondering, do they make really good pets? I would like to have a pet because I live alone and get lonely sometimes, but I don't want to be selfish and have something that needs a ton of attention (I work days), but I'm not able to give it the attention it needs. I would be there in the evenings though, is a rabbit a good choice?

jillisue808

Asked by jillisue808 at 2:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pets

• We have outdoor rabbits that are freaking awesome! LOL
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I am the one with the litter trained house rabbit in the other question. I have dogs, cats, birds and my rabbit. They make great pets. Depending on personality they can be snuggly like a dog (mine is more independent so not a lap bunny but still likes to be near you), but they need less attention than a dog. In that respect they are kinda like a cat. But a huge up side is that they can be kept in a cage so as to not make a mess in your house while you are not home. If kept in a cage then they do need time out as many days as possible.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 2:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Yes they do. DH and I had a rabbit years ago and it was low maint. but we also had fun with her.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 2:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Thanks you guys, that helps a lot!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• ir depends- i would find one that is an adult and is already good tempered. my sister had one who was sooooo sweet, and then he didn't make it through a surgery (he had an abcess out of nowhere and rabbits do not do well with anesthesia) then she got another one who was pure evil! you couldn't ever let her out of her cage and i had to wrap my hand in a towel to get food in there when my sister was away from home!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• How about fish? They dont require much care.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 8:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• No idea about rabbits, but I have two guinea pigs and they are great pets... happy to be in the cage in the daytime, but happy to come out and snuggle on the couch and have free play time on the floor in the evenings. I bought them for the kids, but Iove them just as much!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Yeah they make great pets...I don't have any now but I've had 5 rabbits in my life and they were all little sweet hearts..They are easy to take care of,you can even train them to use a litter box...If you are interested in a rabbit(or any pet for that matter)check out www.petfinder.com
    They have all kinds of animals that are in shelters all over the U.S that are looking for their forever homes...
    Cloud_Dancer09

Answer by Cloud_Dancer09 at 8:15 AM on Sep. 18, 2009