do any groups for youth (besides the ymca) have scholarships for low income

We are a low income family and when I get a check for outside money it lowers our income from my D/H's fixed amount. So what I always end up doing is look for availble scholarship awards/ grant to fund for groups to join for our kiddos.

I don't see a variety at the ymca and I still need to get a job to do this, so it lowers our income for D/H fixed considerably, or if he pays he says it is a huge problem, even though it's only one less monthly t.v. payment a year. (I could do with no t.v. and more groups.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Kids' Health

• It depends on the troop, but boy scouts and girl scouts often have ways of helping low-income kids participate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yes thank you troops is a nice option , it is only more of a group that would do more movement and physical endurance, scouts is more of a crafting, and hiking thing which I remember it wasn't enjoyable like getting on mats, or being challenged with gymnastics, it just seems as if when we aren't totally rich in this world that the funding is for just certain things, like at the ymca you can get funded only for the pool, and our childrne love the pool, but it doesn't seem to phase their dad that they have no options for outdoor activities and they are both teens. I am the type to want to get into troops if they didn't change location each week, it makes it really difficult to get to meetings, and doesn't have much cohesion , their dad won't put a dime in for the pool even if it means the total amount is slashed by 3/4 of the price normally paid out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2009