Any crazy birth stories?

Anybody have a super fast birth or give birth in a weird place? Horrible nurses saying crazy thing? Funny situations during labor? Let's hear them.

shawneewaiting

Asked by shawneewaiting at 2:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Funny things i said:

"why the hell isnt he coming out?!"

mom: one more push!
    *pushed* *pushed*
    mom: one more push!
    me finally "you keep saying that!!"

"Im never doing this again!"

"Can I have some more of that good stuff in my hand?"

"This sucks"

-My nurse was 11 weeks pregnant, was holding one of my legs and kept putting it down to check the monitors, wtf?! lol im pushing hold it up!

I asked my dr wat color hair he said black and curly....he has redish brown straight hair lol

nurse started asking me questions in the middle of a contraction
    me: dont talk!
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 2:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• So funny:) I remember saying with my first " anybody who does this twice is an idiot, never again". I'm now pregnant with my third so I guess I'm an idiot lol!
    shawneewaiting

Answer by shawneewaiting at 2:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I was in labor for 2 hours. I had only 20 minutes of pushing. I didn't tear or anything and I gave birth to a 9 lb 3 oz 22 inch long baby girl.

Who is beautiful and healthy and now 5 months old.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 2:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• well my friend she just had a a baby sept 3rd omg her baby was due like sept 16 okay so she cud have went anytime right? lol well she was having pains and she did go too hosptial lmao and she called 911 and had her baby at her house in the yard lmao i cudnt believe her .. i said ur a BLONDE!
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 2:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• the first thing i said after 15 hours of labor (horrible birth story, so wont go there) was "What is that smell?! OMG Is that me?!?!"
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 2:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i was in labor all that on fri and but it was nothing bad a lil pain here and there every 20 to 30 min .. well i woke up at 4 somethn in morn had too fight my hubby out of bed got too hospital i was 6 cm when i got too hosptial by 5 am i was hurtn sooooooo bad i was like please give me meds .. i wa 8 cm b4 the gave me anything and the doc was like hun u have made it too 8cm u sure u want any meds .. i said R u fuckn kiddn me !! yes i want meds.. lmao ..
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I had a pretty quick labor (for a first timer!)

from my first contraction until my son was born it was less than 4hrs...I was 7cm by the time I got to the hospital, after just an hour and a half of labor...

when it was time to push, I pushed for 10mins then my nurse told me to stop pushing! sooo hard! but I think it helped with stretching me out... pushed for another 10mins when my Dr finally arrived just in time to put his things on over his nice clothes! lol and my son came out almost 8lbs and 19.5in with no tears =)

most beautiful experience of my life!

after all was said and done my Dr. said he had a feeling I'd be what he called a "quickie"...different definition in my book! LMAO!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I delivered my second oldest on my grandma's couch. Woke up in the early morning a little crampy went back to sleep woke up around 7, took a shower, shaved my legs, did my hair and make-up, sat down on the couch and bam I could feel her coming. Grandma called my mom (lived next door) she called 911 and delivered the head and the paramedics got there just in time to catch her.

The worst part was all the neighbors were in the apartment and directly outside my grandma's apartment was a new building going up so every construction worker was also watching. They clapped and cheered when we were wheeled out. I was embaressed, but they were so excited to see her a few days later......I didn't take her...... I had grandma take her, cause they were always asking about her.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 3:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• well mine was slow my husband didnt belive me but took me to the hospital where they told me i wasnt in labor this was about mid afternoon so went to the mall to relax get my nails and toes done.went home finished the nursery took a long nap woke up about 10 started watching a movie when i started leaking went to the bath room thinking i had just pissed my self again noticed the water on the floor was clear and the water in the toilet was yellow started screaming omg my husband then rushed me to a differant hospital where they told me i was dilated to 4 and my water was broken granted this was 10 weeks befor my due date so i was put on bed rest for 5 weeks totally pissed off and they kept telling me i couldnt get out of bed not even to go bathroom so there i am in this tottaly uncofertable bed on a puppy pad that reaked to high heaven that they came in and changed every 15 minutes i was also hooked up to 2 iv,s one in each arm
    SarahRandall

Answer by SarahRandall at 3:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• and then after 5 weeks of that the doctor came in and told me that if i could get up and walk around the hospital with out leaking i could go home oh i started cusing and swearing got out of bed went down the elevater walked the cafe to get coffee went back up and as the elevator was going up my water was going down with a splash got in a wheel chair went back to my room were i found out i wasnt contrating but i could have told them that so they induced.i spent 2 days like that in labor turns out his head was to big and i was 3 hours away from being in labor for 3 days when my doctor came in and offered a c-sectoin wich i gladly took my husband fliped at the doctor asking why she didnt offer it sooner and almost was taken out by security and 30 minutes later i gave birth to a 7 ibs 6oz baby boy who was 19 inches and 5 weeks early my dr told me had he gone to full term he would have been 10-11 pounds my only reply was wtf lol
    SarahRandall

Answer by SarahRandall at 3:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2009