What was the most unique Halloween costume you've seen for kids?

Witches and vampires are wonderful, but I would love some new ideas. I have two girls to outfit so give me your best! Thanks in advance!

mygirlscome1st

Asked by mygirlscome1st at 2:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Holidays

• My sister had a really cute costume on year. She went as a bubble bath. LOL They took a box and decorated it up like a bathtub and they put white ballons in it and she had a shower cap on. She also wore a white turtle neck and they used basically suspenders to hold the whole thing up. There was another year that she witches spagetti the next year. Used a box again and made it look kind of like a plate. They put green yarn all over it with some plastic bugs and spiders in it. She wore a black turtle neck and black pants and it was all held up with suspenders again.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• the idea wasnt unique, but the presentation was. It was a family with three little boys and they all dressed up like pirates (which has been a bit overdone recently to me). But then they put them in a wagon they had decorated like a ship and gave them all ores and such. Great way to keep the kids from running all over in the mall and on the roads, they just got out at each house and the parents took turns pulling the wagon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• could do Pippi longstocking.. and her lil monkey :) I was pippi one year... i wore overralls... rolled them up. had mis matching bright socks... boots... and just an orange shirt on. I did pigtails... braided them and use a coat hanger... and sprayed my hair red. put 3 bif freckles on each cheek. i thought it was cute... and it was fun. my hair looked just like hers :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I saw a family one year with 4 daughters, about 5-11, the girls were dressed as the Robert Palmer Girls. I thought it was cute.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I saw a set of twins done up as thing one and thing two from Dr Seuss! They were in red long johns and the circle numbers looked iron on and they had on wigs. It was really cute!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• In the issue of parents mag this month they had some ideas.
    They had a bumble bee
    They had little kids dressed like crayons
    One kid dressed like apicnic lucnh LOL
    A weather man
    A sushi roll
    A wild flower
    A chef
    A little octopuss
    Ace of Hearts
    A KNight
    A cheerleader
    A judge
    A robot
    If you go to parents.com I think is the site you can see them too.
    They were all cute outfits
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:56 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I went as punku bruster one year. LOL. I went as Rainbow bright another. My DD wants to be a cat this year.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:59 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Three people as the blue man group, a sushi roll, and an infant as a shrimp which was sooo flipping cute! I've also seen Edward scissor hands and the girl from the nightmare before Christmas.
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 9:05 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Two twins one was a fork and the other the spoon it was unique and funny.

nily

Answer by nily at 1:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2009