Okay. My lil boy likes to play most sports and is quite good at most of them. However, when we went to sign him up for a league that he requested, he found out that he would have to wear protective gear. Instantly he decided that he didn't want to wear it and therefore would not play. He's a reserved person anyways, so usually a lil prodding will change his mind. Is this something to prod him on?!?

He's 8 years old. The protective gear that bugs him mostly is the "man-parts" protection gear. We researched it thoroughly too.

Klaudia414

Asked by Klaudia414 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it's probably uncomfortable for him to wear. doe she have a father in the picture who could talk to him? as his mom, you're probably not the first person he'd want to go to with an issue regarding the cup!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 2:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I am guessing he is nervous about wearing a strap and cup which I have seen them and can imagine why... LOL.

I think the best thing you could do is ask him what is making him nervous about the gear. Then maybe have dad take him to a sporting goods store and get one that he can see close up and "mess" with without worrying about the cleanliness of it... Maybe then he will change his mind, maybe not. If not maybe next year he will be more comfortable with the idea.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2009