Is anyone else having a fly problem this year??!??

I can't keep a handle on these flies!!! I am in Ohio, and in all of my short 21 years living here, I don't think I EVER remember flies being this bad! We have black flies, horse flies, deer flies, and blowflies...I keep all of my trash in covered trashcans, tied up in Hefty bags...all of the leftover food gets fed to the dogs, and the stuff the dogs won't eat gets taken to the treeline for the scavengers and birds....yet, my house is absolutely infested with these annoying bugs! I am really scared of getting roaches (bc of dirty neighbors), so my dishes are always done, and I NEVER leave food out unless I am cooking it, or eating it...I have bombed the house several times, I swat, vaccume, keep all the windows shut, keep the potty flushed & clean it every day just to make sure there is nothing for them to feed off of inside the house, but they just won't go away! Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?!? Thanks!

IzzysMommy87

Asked by IzzysMommy87 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Health

• Yes! I keep a clean kitchen too. I don't ever just leave food sitting around and am very careful about cleaning up after my messy eater son. I thought it was way too early for this.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I thought it was just an Oklahoma problem. We have screen on our window and screen doors on are doors. And I still can't seem to keep the flies out of my house. It's like they sit by the door and wait for us to go in and out of the house. UUGG!!

Answer by louise2 at 2:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• This is like the third wave of them that I have encountered this year...they were terrible in the early spring, then even worse when it was hottest during the summer, and I thought they were finally going to go away considering that it is getting colder, but it seems like they are just getting worse...I'm glad I'm not the only one to be dealing with it though, I felt really dirty and nasty for having them....but it must just be the way the weather is this year.
    I am due in 2 days (figure she will come later), but I definitley need to get control of them before I bring my baby home....I don't want them biting her or getting her sick....
    Are there any remedies for them? Or do I just have to keep swatting and vaccuming??
    IzzysMommy87

Answer by IzzysMommy87 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Fly paper is your friend, its disugsting but it really does work. Put it along the bottom of your windows, hang it from the ceiling, change it every day or so. My parents had a house in the country we would go to on weekends and it had a serious fly problem, we used to put them up when we were there and take them down when we left. It really helped a lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2009