small secundum asd

its a heart problem and i was wondering if anyone else newborn or child has had it and if so what was the outcome and how is treated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son who is 5 years old has one. I am in the process of getting a second opinion. the doctor i seen said it was fine get checked every year and it could possibly stop working HELLO!!!!! I flipped out when i heard that. I am taking my son to rainbow babies and childrens hospital. after all I read it can lead to lung disease and heart failure. my son has all the symptoms except the lack of growth. and from my understanding it needs to be fixed. it puts to much pressure on the heart and can cause the heart to enlarge. Are you seeing a doctor now? always get a second opinion. my son has seen three doctors. One said it was getting smaller one said it sounds like its getting bigger and another one said its the same size i did my research and found a doctor i am going to take my son too who speacializes in this. I wouldnt take any chances from one mother to another. there are kids who have known to die from heart conditions
    jessa05

Answer by jessa05 at 8:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2009