Pretty gross.

I have pica.Ive been having it for 5 years but this is my 1st pregnancy and Ive quit but now..... My craving is uncontrollable I crave dirt like crazy. Ive tried it for the past 2 months. I only grab a little of it though. But the craving is getting stronger. Is this seriously bad for the baby? Im 8 months pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ...Did this just develop?I would discuss with your OB ASAP.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• omg .. i heard women crave these things i wouldnt say it healthy animals and ppl walk on dirt pee on it and god knows what ever else.. it wont kill u but i dont see nothing nurtient for ur baby in dirt sorry ..
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• umm a lot of dirt has LEAD in it from old paint, chemicals from the roads, ect. I would be a little worried about it. Have you talked to your dr?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Well if you know you have it then you must be controlling it somehow. Isn't it something your body is craving in the dirt like nitrates or irons, Does your doc have you on supliments? I would try to resist and seek help on the matter but the babies plecenta will filter out most everything, just make sure its clean and free of anything that could be harmful like rotting vegitaion you don"t want a tummy infection right now
    Anonymous

• DOCTOR DOCTOR DOCTOR! CALL YOUR DOCTOR!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• You might have a iron deficiency. Craving dirt or ice can be a symptom a anemia. I would tell your doctor, they will probably want to check you blood again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2009