Can we agree on this?

There's Right Wing then there's Right Wing 'Extremist' , and there is Left and Left 'Extremist'. Left and Right were meant to find a middle (moderate) ground as the basis for running the country.
There is nothing wrong with being Left or being Right - what's become so horribly wrong is that once the pendulum began to swing too far one side then it had to swing too far in the opposite just to attempt to correct itself.

How do we begin to bring this country back into a balance scale of government. Will we all still have the resolve to do it come election day?
Are they essentially trying to "wait us out" , I don't think that will work with me this time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well I can tell you that we on the left were feeling this way a lot a few years ago about the right. You know what happened? 2006 elections swung back in our favor. So I am pretty sure that in 2010 Republicans will take back the House and things will be a little more balanced.

Also, things are not as partisan on the hill as they seem to us. A lot of that is Representatives show boating for the polls because they have to play to the radical base - mostly because those are the people who vote reliably.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It will never happen as long as we have far radicals running the show....It honestly doesn't have anything to do with left or right. Its about these people who grew up in the 60's-70's that were radicals protesting every thing under the sun. Now those people are in the White House!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Anon- President Obama was born in the early 60's. I doubt he was personally affected by the radical 60s or even protesting in the 70s. Most activists who protested during those years were young adults, not infants and children.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I agree. It goes with many things in life, there are good in bad in all walks, religions, etc.
    Unfortunately, it only take a little bit of bad to cloud lots of good, and a whole lot more good to try to make up for the bad.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 4:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• lol! Thats funny anon. Yeah, Bush was dong Cocaine in the sixties & behaving pretty radical. No one complained that he came from that generation.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I love anon's answer! Dude, both sides find the other side radical when they are extremist. Funny. But yep, as a moderate I can agree with the poster of the post. We should have more fun in this section.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

Yeah his mother had no influence on him at all right?

Bush was dong Cocaine
    Did you forget Obama did coke to?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Yeah, i know he did. At least Obama was not afraid to admit it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I agree to a degree but neither side is willing to actually face what needs done. Even those in the middle.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Anoin 16- Did you forget that Obama was raised by his GRANDPARENTS?
    His mom was a world away during his formative years.
    Were his grandparents radicals?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2009