8 month old

How many naps does your 8 month old take? Someone told me an 8 month old should be only taking 1 nap a day.....

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine is 10 months now and still taking 2 2-hour naps/day. For my older three, they went to one nap/day sometime right after their first birthday. All kids are different, but from what I've read around one is the "average" for one nap.

Answer by missanc at 3:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Every chld is different. My DD never needed as much sleep as most kids her age and only had one nap at that age but my DS loves sleeping and he had 2 naps until he was 1.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 3:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I think my son only took one maybe two but I really think it was one, but I don't think there are any set rules, If your child needs it he/she needs it if they don't then don't do it. Whatever is best for u and babe
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 3:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My 8 month old take one or two, usually if she takes two, one is usually only like a half hour. Each child is different. My middle child needs much more sleep than the other two and get tired very quickly. She is 18 months. You just have to read your childs cues.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2009