Tampons?? How they feel? Do you like it or you don't?

Hello mothers,

I usually wear pads when I have my period my friends had told me that tampons feels great but I try it and its like my body reject it and when I got to put it on,it felt so weird took it out in 5 seconds.

How do they feel? Its really true that they feel so good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I usually use the Tampax Pearls... they're my favorite.
    I'm usually not much of a heavy bleeder..when they come around.
    I honestly don't notice them... some of my friends hate them, and prefer pads, but I do not. I hate the feeling that I have a diaper on, and I might "leak"
    It's all in preferences and whatever works for you! :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• You must not have had it up enough. It would feel like your body was rejecting it if that was the case. I prefered them when I had to wear them. (Hystorectomy) I HATED pads. I don't think they feel "good" per say but definatly more comfortable.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I like the compax. To me the plastic applicators are better than none/cardboard. Be sure to read and try to pick the right SIZE for your flow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I'm not sure what I would do without tampons - I hardly ever wear pads anymore. I don't usually even notice they're there once they are in. I don't like the plastic applicators though, too slippery. Tampax are my faves.

Answer by missanc at 3:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I prefer the tampax gentleglide - Same reason as the previous poster - I like the plastic applicators better. If you use the right "size" for your flow and insert it correctly (high enough) you shouldn't know it's even in. I used pads when I first started getting my period, but I always hated having the bulky, smelly, messy things between my legs - tampons took some practice, but now I love them - I had to switch back after my 1st child was born for a short while and I was happy when I could use tampons again! :) Good luck!!
    BTW - if you are getting it in high enough, but it is still uncomfortable, try talking to your Dr. about it - you might have another issue going on that is making it difficult to use them.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• They are an aquired taste so to speak.

Takes some getting used to and you need to make sure they are up high enough otherwise you feel like you are sitting on a stick.

I like Tampax but will use the Kotex brand too(they are more budget-friendly).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It took me a few tries to figure it out. Make sure to read the directions carefully. Sounds silly, but I didnt read the directions....duh me. It felt the same way OP was describing. But once I figured out the right way, i could never go back for good. I love tampons...love. I have a very heavy flow, so i have to use a pad as back up but I can usually get away with a pantyliner. I never have to worry about it like I did with just pads.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It takes time & experience! Finding the right one! I've had A big long bleeding issue! Basically since June to date! With just 10 days of Relief! I have to use them! And use many! Plus+ I help A friend out at her shop! Its a 25 min. Drive! I'm there for 4 Hours! There'sno plumbing or restroom! So I reply on Tampons! I use OB. To each their own! Only you can decide for yourself if they're meant or good / right for You! I guess if you have good Friends. Let them give you 1 or 2 to sample! So you don't go broke tryting ones not right for you! Hope you find what works for you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 3:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• If they're up as far as they should be they don't bother me. But I always get scared pushing them in so sometimes they don't go far enough and it's very uncomfortable. I find them to be "cleaner" than pads but pads are more comfortable. Most of the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• tried them in my younger days...yuck, ewe, gross and uncomfortable.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2009