Nap time!

My DS is 6 wks and has no problem sleeping in his crib all night, but when it comes to taking a nap he has to be on me. I have tried his crib bouncy seat couch next to me, his cousins bed the floor (on a blanket of course) I have let him sleep on me till he is in a deep sleep and then moving him. He will sleep on me for up to four hours at a time but if I lay him anywhere else he is up in 30 to 45 mins any suggestions?

Sbahns

Asked by Sbahns at 3:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had the same prob and never found a solution; good luck, oh but he eventually got better about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• well thats no what I wanted to hear but thanks :)
    Sbahns

Answer by Sbahns at 3:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Two things that has helped my kids sleep - a bear that imitates a heartbeat sound, so when he's in his crib he's hearing the same thing he does when he sleeps on me (it's sound and motion activated), and a small silkie blanket that I wear under my shirt when he's awake - when I put him down for a nap I would tuck it into the crib with him so my smell was in there with him. Same sounds, same smells - he slept peacefully. He's 10 months now and doesn't need the props anymore, but they were a huge help when he was an infant.

Answer by missanc at 3:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• my son was doing that and then my friend told me to not hold him so long after he falls asleep. so what i do is rock him to sleep and lay him down within 10 min of him falling asleep and it seems to work. when i do that he'll sleep for 2-3 hrs. i hope this helps. good luck!!! :)
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I think your baby just has to hear your breath and heartbeats to sleep better. Well, he is only 6 w/o so he eventually will grow out of it. In the meantime, you can try to turn on some white noises on like fan, a/c or vacuum cleaner etc... to calm him. Hope it helps in some ways!
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 4:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• When my daughter was that little a swing worked wonders. It would keep her asleep through out her whole nap. In fact, she's taking her nap right now in it:-) (she's 6 mos)
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• swing works for my son or a walk in the stroller. if u have to go somewhere car ride works great too.
    ariesfool

Answer by ariesfool at 9:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2009