chickenpox question

since i have two kids when one ends up with chicken pox is it okay if they are around each other or should i sepearate them? it will be kind of hard for me to separate them since they are with me 24/7 and i won't have anybody watching the other one.

also do u know how long chicken pox last?
just want to thank everybody who answers my question =) i appreciate it

emilia27

Asked by emilia27 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Health

• if you dont want the other to get it than you can separate, but the thing is, once the one gets it the others already been exposed and damage done lol.....may as well get ready to treat both. it usually lasts around a week. kids are no longer contagious when sores are dried and healing, no more popping up. my sister and i got it at the same time, least we had someone to whine about it with haha
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• If one has it and the pox are visible, they are past the stage where you need to seperate them. By now, they are both infected... And as for how long... It really varies. Some times it's a few days others it could be a week...

But they will be fine! Just uncomfortable for a few days! Keep fluids in them and let them lounge...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I have to agree with SabrinaBowen.
    Also both of my sisters and I got it one after another and my mom said that even though it was a rough few weeks she was glad to get it over with at once.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2009