Showing/Mucus Plug

I was wondering how many of you experienced the "bloody showing" or mucus plug before you went into labor. Some people say they never even saw or noticed it. Some say there is blood and others had just yellow mucus.... sorry I know its gross! :(

Mameech1

Asked by Mameech1 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with my first i didnt noticed. my second i had my first plug fall a month beofre( it replaces itself) and then i ahd it again a few days before my water broke
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I was in early stages of labor throughout the day and then at 4pm I lost my plug (or had my "bloody show", whichever you prefer to call it) and went into hard labor around 10pm, delivered at 3:46am.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I started loosing mine 2 days before my due date with my DD, not all of it though and I was induced 2 days over due...I wish I would have stuck it out though.
    With this baby I am hoping I loose it sooner
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• With my first, I lost my plug (just a huge glob of yellowy mucus) at 36 or 37 weeks, and no labor by my C-section at 39 weeks. With my second, I lost the big glob of yellow mucus 2 days before my due date, had an even larger amount of bloody show (whitish-yellow mucus tinged with blood) the whole next day, and went into labor that night. It varies from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My doctor removed mine. Hoping it would induce me. It didn't and it hurt a lot. Never again will I let a dr. do that. It was bloody but really mucusy like a light period that lasts less than 24 hours.
    beaniesmommy04

Answer by beaniesmommy04 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Lost my plug (just a glob of mucus) Friday night, then I had bloody show Sunday evening. I had my son at 5:41 a.m. Monday morning,
    veggie_kitty

Answer by veggie_kitty at 6:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2009