Precocious puberty?

does anybody have a child diagnosed with precocious puberty? If so, what age was you child diagnosed? Are you seeking treatment? Has it severely affected you or your childs life? And was it able to be controlled with just the one shot a month or was another treatment necessary. Did your child experience any side affect from the treatment?
We went for testing 2 weeks ago on our 3 year old, the doctor told us it was just precautionary and he wanted to be sure she didn't have it but he didn't think so. And the test results look almost positive that she has it, but she probably has a mild case of hyperthyroidism as well so they want her back Wednesday for alot more tests so see how severe the precocious puberty is and to conferm on the hyperthroidism. So i'm just trying to get a little input from some other moms. Any advice or input is appreciated

FinleyFirst

Asked by FinleyFirst at 4:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yea I'm the first........well mom all of this can form into early heart deasease and diabetes. Now is your child forming a period or breasts? if so this is normal in girls when they turn 8. I have a neice who has breasts and had recieved her period when she turned 7. This is what they call manarci. (spelling)! when your child forms a period and has breasts and or hair the hight will stop after she/he is another inch or 2. This is from fatty foods we are giving our children and the steroids in the foods. I would lov for you to go visit a web site and it may help you more than me. I have a licens in medical/nursing but I can't explain everything in one set. www.youtube.com and type in precocious puberty.. this will help you understand your docter and help understand what this really is! GOOD LUCK MOM!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Well my daughters not 8, she's 3. Yes three. And she's had these symptoms since she was about 3 months but they always chalked it up to left over estrogen in her system from when i was pregnant with her. And at 3 months she was defineatley not eating fatty food. She was breastfed until she was 6 months then put on organic baby food until about 1 year. And when she did start drinking cows milk, we made sure to get the milk from cows with no growth hormone. So we're still testing but they're pretty positive she has it. And i did check out youtube but it didn't help with anything that the doctors haven't already discussed with us. But thanks anyways.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 5:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2009