What age did you move your toddler to a toddler bed? How did it work out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 3, my daughter is 2. I tried moving them into toddler beds last year but after sleeping with my hub and I for so long, they didn't like the beds. Recently we moved so we tried buying regular twin mattresses for them to sleep on and it worked like a charm! They love their beds now.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I moved my son from a crib to a single bed at age 3 he loved it since day one, we didn't do the whole toddler bed thing, I think it's a waste of money cuz they grow out of them so fast.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I just moved my 25 month old to a bed. She's doing SO well, I'm shocked! She loves her big girl bed. There have been a couple times when she's gotten up after I put her down for a nap, but I put her in her P&P and that's that. I love her new bed because now in the morning she wakes me up by coming into my room and smiling at me instead of crying from her crib.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 4:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I moved my daughter out of her crib, which was in our room, to the next room in a regular big bed when she was about 1. We moved her because she woke up too easily from snores, sneezes, coughs, any small noise we made. It worked great! Put pillows around her to prevent her from falling out. I think she only fell out about 2 times, then she seemed to learn where the edge was. She started sleepin through the whole night after she was moved.
    My son is 1 now, and I moved him out of our room at 9 mo. into another crib, in another room. He also was a very poor sleeper until I moved him out. Now he sleeps through the whole night!
    RuthsPlace

Answer by RuthsPlace at 4:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• WE MOVED OUR DAUGHTER TO A TODDLER BED AT THE AGE OF TWO. THE MAIN REASON WAS BECAUSE SHE HAD CLIMBED OUT OF CRIB ON TWO SEPERATE OCCASIONS AND THE SECOND TIME SHE BUMPED HER LIP AND STARTED BLEEDING. SO IT BECAME A SAFETY ISSUE AT THAT POINT. THE CRIB I HAVE CONVERTS TO A TODDLER BED SO WE JUST SIMPLY REMOVED THE RAILS. IT WORKED OUT WELL. THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAD WAS GETTING HER TO STAY IN HER ROOM. SHE KEPT COMING OUT AND IT TOOK A LOT OF PUTTING HER BACK IN OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO MAKE HER STAY. I DID PUT A LOCK ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE DOOR FOR HER PROTECTION BECAUSE I CAUGHT HER WALKING AROUND THE HOUSE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT ONCE. SHE IS NOW ALMOST THREE AND I DON'T EVEN USE THE LOCK ANYMORE BECAUSE SHE WILL JUST STAY IN THERE. I DON'T THINK THERE IS ANY SPECIFIC AGE IT JUST DEPENDS ON THE CHILD. MY CHILD WAS CLIMBING THE CRIB WAS NO LONGER SAFE FOR HER.
    BUTTERFLY100206

Answer by BUTTERFLY100206 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• We moved our son at 22 months when he climbed out but we went directly to a regular bed (his crib converted to a full bed so it was familiar to him). He did well for 2 weeks then gave us a hard time about going to bed for about 6 weeks. Biggest challenge was keeping him in the bed (we closed his door so he couldn't get out of the room). Personally, I would have waited if he hadn't climbed out. He didn't quite get the concept..
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My DD is 20 months and i have no intention of trying to put her in a bed any time soon. she would be a nightmare in a bed! up and down and up and down... DS however was about 18 months and he did very well. It just depends on the kid I guess.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I moved my dd at 14 mos into a toddler bed. She loves it still and thought it was the most amazing thing! She wasn't stuck behind bars anymore!!! She was begining to climb out and I had no idea how to lower it without taking it all the way apart (it was on the 2nd to lowest setting) so I just took it apart and put her bed in there (the bed was together already). Now she comes in and gets me when she's ready to get up between 4-6 am
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• We moved our son at 25 months and it went great. Never got out. We first put a twin mattress on the floor. After about a month or two we bought a frame and headboard.
    JessalynnJade

Answer by JessalynnJade at 11:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I moved my son into a toddler bed at 18 months. He really like the bed during the day because he could climb up into it by himself, but at night he just wanted to get out of it. It took about a week for him to get used to it, and I ended up having to just close his door all the way so he would go back to his bed when he realized I wasn't coming back. It was rough! But he sleeps all night in it now. No matter what you're going to have to go through some sort of transition period.
    madsmarm

Answer by madsmarm at 12:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2009