Has Your Husband?

Has anyone's husband financially abonded them since they have been married? No bashing, I'm handling my situation, just asking moms who have had husbands turn out to be pathetic and financially supid!?!?!?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• My ex-husband started out as prince charming and ended up really being a loser. He would lie about work, lie about getting money and how much, he pretty much lived off me, stole money from our bank account, could never keep a job, we had to move several times because of it, everything was in my name and at the end of 8 years my credit was ruined and I was $30,000 in debt. I finally divorced him when he took all the money out of our account when I was in California for my sister's funeral. Yeah, that sucked. That was 4 years ago and it has been a long journey and hard work but I am getting my credit back on track and I am only $5,000 in debt now. You need to kick him in the butt and make him get on track, or cut your ties now before it gets worse.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• No, actually ours was the other way around. When we first got together he was "trying" but he sucked at it, all of his money would go to what he wanted, etc. never helped pay bills, etc. But I finally kicked him in the butt and told him that he WILL support me and his kid or he can leave. Since then he got a second job, and we are finally saving money to buy a house. All of our bills are paid and he has almost paid off his student loans.

Try giving yours a good kick in the butt! And good luck to you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I am so sorry that you are going through this. I've not known anyone that this has happened to, however, I did have a friend who was married but her husband was insistent on keeping separate bank accounts even though they live in the same house and share the same expenses. Anyway, they separated (there was no formal divorce papers)..they did have a child together. With time, though, they've reconciled and now are back together, married, and recently had a second child...oh, and they share the same accounts now.

I pray that things will work out in your favor...
    raelen06

Answer by raelen06 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Thank you ladies, I need it, I've been going to counseling, we don't even live in the same house, we don't even have our own place. I have a daughter and one on the way, and he has completely screwed my credit, it will take me awhile to clean up this mess, and I don't have a job 6 months preg!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I had boyfriends but not my husband.
    jmsteele87

Answer by jmsteele87 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i am in your sit right now. well i'm only 8 weeks preg w/ a 2 yo dd, and my dh and i are married still but it's the same, he doesn't make enough money, and wont do anything about it, but still tells me that i don't need to work because he doesn't want any one else to raise our children. so i am 8 weeks pregnant looking for a job so that we can have enough money to keep a roof over our heads, and i still am told he's got it under control.
    good luck, mamma.
    but you can do it , i know you can fix whatever it is that a man has screwed up. lol
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 7:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My husband did year ago, I'm still paying off our bad debt from his chooses. He even dropped $1000 into a gas power R/C car when we didn't even have a really car. I hope things get better for you hon.
    jakjasjon

Answer by jakjasjon at 4:58 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My xh was like this. As soon as he found out I was pregnant he gave up on everything and sponged off me and my family. We split after our child turned one, he has done it to 2 more women since then. They both gave me nothing but problems. Now they have both apologized and say they should have listened to me, they might not be where they are!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 12:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2009