Has anyone ever had a baby that always always fought sleep?

No matter what I try...even when I try before he seems tired he fights and fight sleep...sigh...anyone have any sucess stories?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter, I just let her stay up and play till she calms down and wears herself out, I can tell when she's getting sleepy then I turn the lamp off and she goes to sleep. She's 11 months old.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It's natural for babies/toddlers to fight off sleep even though they are soo tired, their eyes are just about to drop. Just stay calm when you're putting your baby to sleep, sing a little, hum a little. If he sense your frustration, he may pick up on that and get even fussier. I would also suggest a bath before bedtime; that usually soothes my daughter and now she picks up that after we bathe, it's bedtime..

The good part? It's a stage so it'll pass..good luck to you...
    raelen06

Answer by raelen06 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• my son always gets riled up when he is tired. Sometimes its the opposite and he just lazily falls asleep by shutting his eyes and its very peacefull..most of the time its not such lol. like at night when I know hes tired I cannot just put him in his crib. I have to give him his pacifier and pat his butt. Even then he starts babbling and his legs kick me and his arms are grabbing at my face. He does this mostly when hes tired and has passed the window when he should have been put down 15 minutes ago. he will slowly start to wind down if I continue to snuggle him and pat his butt, and sometimes I will rub his gums bc he is teething and i think that is part of not being able to settle down. he will fall asleep, and then i put him in his crib and then he will wake up sometimes and his eyes are wide open staring at me and I have to start over. Sometimes I think I am going ot have a very hyperactive toddler!
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 4:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• But it does work just just dothe same thing every night. Bath, bottle , cuddling, and my sons hates pacifiers except when hes really overtired and needs that to be soothed. patting his butt helps for some reason or if if sing or hum softly. my son is 5 months old.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 4:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2009