What is the best excuse you have ever used for calling in "sick?"

As in, when you aren't actually sick. :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• TheDavis reminded me of my best one, my daughters day care provider did call my work one time telling my boss that my daughter was sick. I got three days off for it, too. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I don't usually give an excuse, I just say I'm not going to be in that day. I think at one of my earlier jobs I said my car broke down and it really didn't but that was about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I say Im sick and I cough or speak in soft tones.

I dont usually go into much detail. Now ask me about when I call in for my husband when he isnt really as sick as he wants them to believe he is LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Car trouble, overslept, migraine, got stuck out of town and my personal favorite (usually the most effective) explosive diarrhea. heehee
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I always used to use diarrhea. Everytime I have used this excuse no boss has ever asked any further questions:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• This is bad, but I called in for a friend 10 minutes after ahe had gotten to work and said I was the babysitter and her daughter had head lice. My friend got out of work for 2 days!!
    TheDavis7

Answer by TheDavis7 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• LOL this is a fun question. I lied about a car accident once. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2009