Is something wrong with me?

My 6 mo has been waking up more again bc he's teething. Normal, I have no issue with it. I am slightly run down during the day tho, so I try to atleast rest or nap a little during one of his naps. I was napping and he woke up and I nursed him. I was still feeling sleepy, so I tried to lay with him a bit just to cuddle calmly like I have a million times. He didn't like this for some reason and starts screaming his head off. I'm half asleep and for reasons I can't explain this (screaming) irritated me. So, I put him down in his packnplay and went outside to drink a little green tea and wake up for a couple of minutes and calm down. I went back inside and was sweet to him.

Why did this irritate me? Am I just sleep-deprived and leave the explanation at that or is something wrong with me that him getting upset over that would irritate me so much I had to walk away from him? Has anyone else had this happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is me, OP. I feel bad about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Yes u r sleep deprived which can lead to •depression
    •heart disease
    •hypertension
    •irritability
    •slower reaction times
    •slurred speech
    •tremors.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 4:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• You're reaction was totally fine. I think it was good that you put him somewhere safe and then took a minute out to calm down before going back to him. My kids are older (5 and 7) but I still find I get more easily annoyed with stuff that m,aybe wouldn't normally bother e when Ihaven't had enough sleep. Like last week we had a bad storm one night and my 5yr odl woke up twice so I only got about 4-5hrs sleep, the next day I was really cranky and everything seemed to annoy me. I commend you on a calm and rational solution to the situation.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 4:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• sounds perfectly normal to me, you did the right thing. Don't worry things will sort out and you will get some rest soon enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Will not hurt to let the baby cry. I have three that are pretty young and close in age. Sometimes when they are all screaming, I put the two youngest in bed and deal with one at a time. This helps me comprehend things in a more calm manner. When I am sleepy I get frustrated easily and I too just shut the door and walk out for a minute or two and take a few deep breathes. Sometimes babies do not always know what they want or they too are tired and are fighting sleep. Never hurts for moms to step out for a breathe for fresh air.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Oh Mommy.... *HUGS* we all seem to feel frustrated and then feel guilty later one time or another. Its normal. don't beat yourself up about it though!! you walked away and took a breather, GOOD JOB.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• you did the write thing. i have 3kids my boys are 2 and 3 years old and i have a 7 year old girl i have days like that and i do the same thing. he was safe you felt better when you came back to him. and remeber when you take sometime for you it makes you a better mom.
    Mandy003

Answer by Mandy003 at 6:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It's okay momma, there is nothing wrong with you and I agree with everyone else you did the right thing putting him down in a safe place. I'm pretty anti-cio but if it's between you going crazy and putting them down safely and walking away, you walk away. It's the loving and responsible thing to do. I think every momma probably has at least one of these moments!
    yelli

Answer by yelli at 9:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2009