My son is 10 weeks and he has bad dermatitis...the doctor think it may be from the formula and we are trying similac alimentum...has anyone try this formula? What do you think?

rosa78

Asked by rosa78 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it probably is from the formula..:( switching is of course what you should do,.maybe try soy formula..BUT ivenever heard of any baby getting ill off the bat form breastmilk:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Well, I have heard of babies getting ill off the bat from breastmilk. IT does happen even though you guys won't admit it.

OP...you won't know until you try the formula. It's going to be about two weeks before you can really judge if there's a difference or not.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Is it dermatitis or eczema. I have an almost 8 month old that has had a constant rash since 5wks. She has many food allergies. Alimentum did not help. She was actually fine on a soy formula. She is extremely allergic to milk. I though had to find a special soy formula that did not contain corn syrup solids. I formula stinks and is very very expensive. Had the Dr. tried regular soy formula? This was also case with my middle child. She was put on alimentum, but I switched to a soy and she was fine on that formula as well.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Ditch the formula completely and give baby what his body is telling you he needs, breastmilk. You can try relactating, donor milk or a milk bank.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• after 10 weeks youwant her to try ot breastfeed again? or another womans milk. get real.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 7:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• 10 weeks is not thatlong of a time NOTto relactate:) you CAN relactate!! if YOU want..breastmilk is best for your baby,..maybethats what he really needs..its possible no formula will be"good enough" for him;(
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 9:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2009