I am 33weeks Pregnant and my Doctor is putting me on Zithromax (Z-pack) Anitbitoc. I was wondering if anyone else was ever on this while preggo. He says its 100% fine but I want more input...Thanks!!

MaMaTreZZa

Asked by MaMaTreZZa at 4:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was only on penecilin while pregnant, never needed a zpack. but it should be fine.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 4:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I have never been on it, but your doctor wouldnt put you on it if it wasnt safe and he certainly wouldnt say it was if it had risks. You and your precious baby will be fine!! Congrats on the little one!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 5:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Thanks so muc...I just wanted to be sure
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 5:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i did have to take it. while it made me sick to my stomach, the baby was fine......
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• A Z-pack is fine during pregnancy. Depending on what kind of infection you have it is safer to take the Antibiotic than to allow continued exposure to your infection. When you can't breath well, neither can the baby.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i took the z pack early on in my pregnancy because they thought it would help since i've been sick the whole time didnt do anything to help and my baby is just fine im 36wks now
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 5:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2009