A question about pulling kids out for the Obama speech.

I don't understand why people pull their kids out for one day but allow them to continue going to public schools on a daily basis when it's clear the schools indoctrinate kids with a liberal agenda on a consistent basis.

What is the point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• For starters, it's illegal not to send your kids to school..unless you're homeschooling them yourself, or can afford private school. It is not, however, illegal to keep them home from school for one day.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I don't see that the schools indoctrinate kids with a Liberal agenda. LOL. Oh my.....
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• That's precisely why I will be homeschooling....
    AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 5:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I don't see that the schools indoctrinate kids with a Liberal agenda

You obviously haven't looked at a textbook lately.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• my son was at school but did not watch the speech, y? because i read it ahead of time and knowing my son and how literally he takes things, and how the issue of dad walking out at age 2 brough up in the speech would affect him i thought he shouldnt things like "chances are you wont play pro ball" ect, well u know what my son is 6 and if that is waht he wants to dream about i see no need to cruch him now
    and btw- no i am not a total right wing conservative, and no i am not an obama hater, i just made what i believe was the best decision for my child, and made no big deal about it with him or the school, just sighned to opt out form and him and the other kids whos parents opted out watched a movie while it was giong on
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• They are lib indoctrination centers for the most part. Not that ALL teachers are bad because there are good ones. But that is why my son goes to private school.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Go watch the History Channel for a weekend...there is soooo much stuff on there that they never mentioned in all the years I went to school...History is by far the worst...Liberal? Absolutely. They tout that FDR was so wonderful - when he possibly was the most destructive to the Constitution. The Civil War was not solely about slavery...it was about States rights...that is what destroyed the Republic!
    AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 5:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I don't know why people that are worried about their kids being indocrinated send their kids to publics school in the first place! That's the LAST place they should be! Either put them in private, or home-school them. I pulled my kids out years ago when they started pushing their secular humanism garbage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I asked my kids at school today what the president said in the speech. I might as have asked those 6th graders to give me the formula for Silly Putty or something. They sat in the auditorium but most sat back, closed their eyes and zoned out. Whatever the president hoped to accomplish wasn't, or at least at my school. We waisted what amounted to 1 complete class block to get 2 days later "I don't know."
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Because schools do indoctrinate children with a Liberal agenda I have chosen to homeschool my children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2009