Why do conservatives put so much stock in what Glenn Beck and Rush Limbungh have to say?

Phase3

Asked by Phase3 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm a conservative and can't stand either of those guys..actually i can't stand the media in general.. LoL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Why do liberals put so much stock into what Obama has to say?

I would like to clarify that I don't consider myself to be either a "conservative" or a "liberal". There are other parts of the political spectrum. I've finally realized not to put to much stock into what any politician says.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Why do liberals assume conservatives all listen to Beck or Limbaugh? Large as their ratings may be, when you look at them in context of the population there are not that many people listening to them, and figure a good chunk of their listeners are liberals or independents who are just listening to both sides of the argument.

Near as I can tell, as a party, liberals put way more importance on what both men say than the actual conservatives of the country.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Near as I can tell, as a party, liberals put way more importance on what both men say than the actual conservatives of the country.

Agree with this. I rarely listen to either.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Why do liberals listen to the likes of BO and Pelosi and msm? I listen to them because they speak truth, you listen to what you do because you like to believe lies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Sorry ,don't have cable .
    Anonymous

• I hate Rush Limbaugh reminds me of my psycho Stepfather. My Stepfather listened to him all the time and the sound of the mans voices bothers me. I watch Beck because he is hilarious! Also I never source Beck, I never quote him. I don't always agree with him but my views of Bush and Obama match his a bit.

So now let me turn it around

Why do Liberals put much stock in what Olbermann and Maddow have to say? I have seen so many people use Maddow as a source and she is just as much of a commentator as Beck.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Clarification: I listen to Beck, Limbaugh, and FOX NEWS because THEY speak truth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• When the vast majority of media outlets are liberal, it's a little harder to find conservative stories from many other sources but these guys - which may be why you hear them quoted so much.

I personally like Michelle Malkin as a conservative media professional best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I have seen so many people use Maddow as a source

Them and good old Wikapedia. LOL  People just don't like to waste their time checking FACTS.

Anonymous