Seriously, I need a hobby!

I am a SAHM, and I truly do work my butt off. My shift never ends as they say. Well it feels as if I give and give. That is to everyone else but myself. I need a reason to wake up in the morning. I need to feel some passion. How do I find out what I would like to do? I have almost no extra time for myself! Where do I start?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I am a SAHM also and needed some time for myself so I started selling candles. It is a great way for me to get out of the house at night when the hubby is home and be around other adults, plus I love candles!
    Tarabon

Answer by Tarabon at 5:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I quilt, sew, crochet, I have tried many crafts. I put some money aside and went tot he craft store, after wandering around for a while, i bought a kit for something that looked interesting adn would give me a completed project at the end. I have even bought kids kits if its something I dont know if I will like. if I like it I continue to do it, if I dont I either give the kit away or finish it and give it as a present to someone else. my family and friends love it because then they get neat home-made things too.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 5:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Think about the time before you had to work and all that and see what kept you busy...It's really important to to have a "me" time especially if you lead such a busy schedule.

I would also take this time to share this opportunity with you: www.raelen.whyambitworks.com

Please don't mistake that I am trying to recruit you; I am merely sharing this with you. Perhaps it is for you but then again it may not be. Either way, I want to be able to let you see that this is out there.

Good luck!
    raelen06

Answer by raelen06 at 5:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• scrapbooking, sketching, making jewelry. have you ever been to ac moore. its a craft store it will give u plenty of ideas.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 6:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Why don't you go to the library, and brows through all their craft and home and garden books.

I'm sure there's a few things there that will stand out as something fun to try.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Scrapbooking is fun and relaxing. I joined a cropping group that meets once a month for a night or day of cropping. It is a time for ME, I get to scrap and socialize with adults that do the same. We share ideas and help each other out with our pages. I also read as much as possible.

Google different crafts or hobbies you are interested in and see what you find that you really would like to try out. Talk to parents of your kids friends and see what they enjoy doing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Okay... first things first. MAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF!!! Mommas who don't make "me time" become wackos... yes, I did that, still recovering. And yep, I said MAKE time because it won't show up on it's own... "me appointments", like a hour or two each day, or a half or full day a week. Have you had a pedicure lately? Been out to coffee with a girlfriend? Even been on a date with the hub?

So what things are you interested in? Do you have any community education type services in your town? We have Communiversity classes that offer everything from cooking to ceramics to computer programming. We have an upscale art/craft/sewing store that offers classes, all supplies included. I would try anything and everything that sounds like fun to you. Clubs are good too... gardening clubs, book clubs, walking clubs, church clubs, art appreciation clubs, writing clubs, etc.

But first, go get a pedicure. Just because!
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 9:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I scrapbook! I love it! i have fun and i only scrap pictures of my son. There is a wonderful group here on cafemom called scrapbook swapping moms unite.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 11:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Did you have any hobbies when you were younger that might inspire you? One of the things I love about scrapbooking is socializing with new friends who have the same interest. And I've never met a scrapbooker who wasn't nice - ha!

Think about whether you want to do something solely on your own or whether you want to get involved with a group. Good luck!
    scrapbookczar

Answer by scrapbookczar at 2:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009