question on food net for babies

hi this is me again i was wondering if i could give my DD cold veggies or fruit on this type of teething net? she will be 4 months on the 20th thank you!

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 5:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh i think they are called feeders
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 5:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I use them for my daughter. She seems to love it and forgets about her teething issues. What i did is get frozen fruit, such as blueberries, peaches and strawberries , cut them up(not too small) and take my ice tray and put the pieces of fruit in them with water, to make icu cubes with fruit. If you have the same feeders/nets that I do, you can't put huge pieces of ice in them. But if you make it too big, just run the frozen cube/fruit under water until it fits into the net. The strawberries and blueberries can get quite messy so be careful. Good luck!
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It won't hurt her. I did that with my son like msfila1980 said i'd freeze it up and put it in there and he'd gnaw away at it.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i think its ok but isnt 4 months kind of young for whole fruits and veggies?
    Im no expert by any means I just dodnt really feel like my baby was ready for cereal til 4 months.
    of course i realize every baby is different.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 6:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My daughter's doc said I could start giving my daughter baby cereal at 2 months and she was fine. In addition to my previous post, do you have an allergies in your family? Some people are allergic to strawberries. So just keep an eye on her/him if you do fruits and ice.
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• my husband and i suffer from allergies,but not food allergies, i think we just get the common allergies,as in change in weather,dust,grass,animals hair.
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 8:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• just stay away from bananas. . . you'll never get the little net clean and will have to throw it away and buy replacements. . . I didn't use it for cold/frozen fruit & veggies at 4months, we held off until 6months but each mama & baby are different. . .
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2009