What is a reasonable curfew for a 12 yr old girl?

She will be 13 in Jan, and is pretty resbonsible. Most of her friends are a few years older than her and can do stay out later than I am comfortable with. What do you think is a reasonable & fair time?

Thank You!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• School night 9 pm, weekends 10, unless there is something "special" going on, then 11 or midnight.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 6:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I agree with the above poster about 9 on school nights, 10 on weekends. As long as she lets you know where she is going to be.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i agree with the other moms i would think as long as u know where she is and what she is doing u will set the right cufew for her
    karebear092579

Answer by karebear092579 at 6:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i also agree with the other posters, i dont have a 12 year old girl, but if i did that would probably be her curfew. i didnt have any freinds when i was 12 so i didnt have that issue.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i would say 9 or 10 on school nights depending on when she has school in the morning, and midnight maybe 1 am on weekends depending on what shes doing. i slept over my friends houses alot too when i was 12. if i was at a movie that didnt get out until 1, it was no big deal. to me it would also depend on how good she does in school and etc. my mom didnt really set a specific cerfew for me, it depended on what i was doing but if i was just out in the neighboorhood it was usually midnight. i also had cell phone so she could call me whenever. thats what i would do to.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My husband an I just discussed this question and our opinion is different than everyone elses. We have a two year old boy so we don't have worry for a while.

We think 6 or 7 during the week and 8 or 9 on the weekend and that would be being with family or a friend I know and their family.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Does your city have any curfews in place? That can make a big difference in what you decide.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• wow, you guys let your 12 yr old out by themselves? i must be a prude, lol. I didnt let my 12yr go out alone and come back alone. now she's 14 and if she wants to go to the mall with her friends, me and dad go to the mall that day also, but she can go ahead w/her friends and when she's done, she meets up with us and we all go home together. I'm just afraid that something will happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• 8-9 on school nights, 9-10 on weekend, unless it's a special occasion or event, like a dance or party.
    LeviM

Answer by LeviM at 11:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Dinner time on school nights (IF her homework is done) and 8 on weekends. She's only 12. Why would ANYBODY let a 12 year old stay out until 10 or later??
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 11:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2009