How long after starting babyfood does a baby usually stop trying to suck the spoon? LOL

We just started givng her oatmeal and sweet potato and well everytime I give her the spoon she sucks on it like she would her bottle.
I expected that but just wondering about how long before they stop doing that.
My husband wants to feed her but is scared she will choke on the spoon because of him LOL.
So just a window maybe of when I can tell him she will stop it . LOL
Thanks:)

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• uhm, i think brooke stopped doing this like.... maybe 3-4 weeks after starting to give her food. i let her do it, but i also just put it into her mouth like normal without her sucking on it so she can get the feel of what to do. They won't learn to eat it properly if they dont get the opportunity to. its funny how they do that though huh? lol its adorable.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• ummm when she gets used to it :-p
    i dont think it took my son longer than a month. of course every now and again he'd do it just cuz he got lazy i guess. he wont choke her....tell him to man up, it'll be ok haha......seriously tho, she'll soon get used to it and be eating so much you cant slow her down. my son started eating table food and screams now if i have to feed him bc i dont do it quick enough lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 6:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I know when she gets use to it.
    I just wondered the average time it took peoples babies.
    He has tried feeding her twice.
    He freaks out LOL
    She already wants it so fast that you cant get the spoon there quick enough.
    She had been staring at our food and drinks and wanting those so we thought it was time for her own food instead just bottle.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It is cute lol
    She is working on it lol but still sucks alot onthe spoon
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:22 AM on Sep. 12, 2009