Halloween Costume Idea Question. (For two kids)

Hi ladies! Here is my situatiom, I have a two year old daughter and a son due any time between now and the middle of October. I want to dress them up as a "theme" meaning something that goes together.

I found a little mouse costume at Walmart that is cute, warm, and cheap, that he could wear, and I was thinking if he was a mouse she could be a cat. (Cat & Mouse, I hope that makes sense).

Does anyone have any ideas as far as what I could dress them up as? (We are on a very limited budget by the way..)

Thanks for any opinions!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thing 1 & Thing 2, Raggedy Ann & Andy?
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 6:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I think those are both great! And they for sure go together. If the mouse costume is cheap great then the cat costume should be less because not much to really do except get a tail and paint whiskers on her face. TOO CUTE! Love it!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 6:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• WalMart always has very cheap leggings or sweatpants and t-shirts or sweatshirts (not sure where you live or what your weather will be). For your little girl, buy her black, white, or grey pants & shirt. Then you can paint a nose & whiskers on her & buy the cat ears (WalMart will have them cheap & Clairs has sparkly ones that are very cute). If you want to be very creative, you can paint cat markings on her costume but if you don't paint them, they can be used as play clothes after Halloween.

I love the Cat & Mouse idea--I think it is adorable! Have fun & stay safe!!!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/baby-costumes?

Here are some cute ideas, and how to make them.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Thanks ladies!

_OP_
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I love your idea and yes you make sense. How about a fisherman(person) and a little worm or fish? Peas and carrots? I know they make baby pea costumes and you can look at a nice resale shop. I am doing an underwater theme this year....a mermaid, nemo, and a shark. I have done an alien, an astronaut, and rocket ship. Have fun!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• If he is a mouse, she could be Cinderella, cause she had mice friends.  Maybe he could be Gus Gus the mouse, cause he was always my favorite.  Or she could be cheese.  LOL

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 6:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My boys were 1 year and the other 3 months last halloween and they were a monkey and a banana. It was super cute!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 8:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2009