Does anyone have to deal with racism on a regular basis?

Another question just made me think about this. I live in Muncie, IN and it amazes me at the racism my hub and I see on a daily basis. So, whats your story? Do you have problems in public? With relatives?

Katrina3016

Asked by Katrina3016 at 6:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• WOW! How rude of her! I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but damn that was harsh!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• YUP

i am white, my son is mixed
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Mmm... not really.
    I mean, there's definitely racism - it's more rampant with kids here, which is bizarre. But I also think it's kind of a "brotherhood thing"? I dunno. I see white kids calling their black friends "nigs" and "cracka" but they're having a good time.
    I've experienced it a few times. I'm asian, and people just look at me and automatically assume I can't speak a lick of English. Heh. I was born here, and I'm quite fluent in English, thanks. It's actually my first language, even though my parents' first language is Korean. I've had people tell me "Why don't you just go back to your country?" and I'll say, "But... I am...?"
    I think racism is hurtful, petty, and just plain ignorant.
    We all bleed the same, get over it, racists.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Yes Im white so is my husband and children
    Everytime a mexican or black sees us We get rude comments dirty looks.
    Even had a black tell me that soon enough we will be their slaves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• "a mexican or a black"
    geeze there is some racism for u right there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• WOW! I'm white, hubby is black, so of course our children are mixed. I was shopping with my son (who was probaly almost a year old or around a year old) and the guy behind the counter said that my son belonged in a trashcan. I'm not going to say what I did because it was very unladylike and unmotherly, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My husband is black and I' german and our daughter is mixed. So yes, we experienced some racism.
    I had people coming up to me when they heard I was german and greeted me with "Heil Hitler".
    One time my hubby and me went to a nice expensive restaurant and the people on the table next to us requested another table because they didn't want to look at us...
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 6:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I've had white females ask me if black men only date white women because we are stupid. :) I'm not a genius by any means but I am definitely not stupid.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I think that racism goes both ways or many ways as it were. There are people in ever race who are racist. I don't agree with it and I try to teach my children not to judge people on the color of their skin but on their character.

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 6:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I've also encountered ALOT of hateful attitude from black women. I go to the store with my hub and I'm called a "whore" by women I don't even freaking know! I had one woman come up to me and swear that I was stealing all of the good black men! Yeah my hub is an awesome man but I didn't STEAL him from ANYONE, lol. His mom would say TO ME that she didn't understand why her son couldn't find a nice black woman to be with instead of a stringy haired white "B"! I was like HELLO, what did I do to you? And my hair is not stringy thanks very much, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2009