what is................?

what is expected at your first ob appt. when ur only 2 weeks?

Mrs.Presley

Asked by Mrs.Presley at 6:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They probably won't do an ultrasound, you're too early. They generally do it 5 weeks, at the earliest.
    I wouldn't know... I've never seen an OB that early on in my pregnancy.
    But I assume just a urine sample, prenatal blood screening, cervix exam. And just discussing your health and whatnot. :]

Congrats to you.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• they will most likely to tell you to come back after your 1st trimester.... they will need to do a pap but thats usually after or close to the end of the first trimester
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 6:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• They do a pap with your first visit.
    Generally, OB's see their first patient visit around 5-8 weeks, and that is when they'll do it. Not after or close to the end of the first trimester.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't go at only two weeks but you can do the paperwork. They will test to make sure you are really pregnant, tell you the due date, take your insurance information, give you prenatal vitamins and make another appt.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I didnt know that they did apt that early but i assume every doctor is diffrent. My doctor didnt see me till i was atleast 8 weeks and all they did was a urine sample, the usual vital signs (weight and blood pressure) asked me if i had any questions and gave me a slip to go get blood work done. No ultra- sound till i was about 10 weeks. At my ten week apt. which made it my second apt they did urine and vital signs and gave me a pap. After the pap they wanted to make sure that my baby had a heartbeat so they did a quick U/S i got to see the heartbeat.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• my question is how do you know your 2wks you cant even find out that early so that makes no sense
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Actually anon 7:14, when I was 2 weeks pregnant with my son I got a positive hpt.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yeah at the technical definition of 2 weeks your are just ovulating so I am guessing you are 2 weeks past conception making you 4 weeks. (I know the way they count the weeks is stupid) Anyway they will most likely do a pap and a pregnancy test just to double check. They may do an internal exam to check you hip width and cervix. They will do you weight and blood pressure. They will talk to you about pre-natal vitamins and personal care during pregnancy. They may draw blood. They will most likely schedule your next appt for 4 weeks later and do an ultrasound then to check viability and double check due date.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• How can you be two weeks pregnant? It doesnt work that way. They count pregnancy weeks based on your LMP, which means, the very day you conceive means you are 2 weeks pregnant. The earliest you will find out is two weeks beyond that. Which puts you at 4 weeks pregnant.

dinkrea

Answer by dinkrea at 8:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• At your first visit, they'll take a urine sample, draw blood, get weight and blood pressure and temperature, calculate your due date based on your last period, ask you a ton of questions about your personal and family medical history, do a vaginal exam with Pap smear, give you a prescription for prenatal vitamins if you need it, and schedule your next appointment which would probably include an ultrasound.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:56 PM on Sep. 11, 2009