Trying to decide on a vacuum.....

I desperately am looking for a new vacuum. I had a Kirby salesman here, liked it but WAY TOO PRICEY! My son has really bad allergies and we need a good one for removing pet hair AND dirt!!!!!! I have used hoovers and bissels. Hate both of em!!!!! Any suggestions?

My3RaysofSun

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 6:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Dyson animal vacs are AMAZING. Like the best thing in the world. They are like $500 though. ..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Not to buy, but one to avoid is the Dyson. SOOOO Overrated!
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 6:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• A Kirby salesman came over the other day and tried to sell me a vacuum... He went down to 400 $... but I just bought a new vacuum a few weeks before so I didn't take his offer!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 6:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I asked exactly the same question 8 months ago. Well, I read lots of reviews and decided to get a Dyson. We are really happy with it and it works like a charm. It's light, easy to move around and the best part is we don't need to buy any bag for it. DH enjoys vacuuming with it and hasn't complained about it.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 6:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I have the Dyson DC 14 and we love it! I think they are well worth the price. But you can usually find some on sale. We got the full kit with all of the attachments for less than $300.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 7:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I absolutely love my Dyson!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i want a dyson ball like crazy
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 8:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I had acouple Kirby's they didn't live up to their Claims! I have A Pink Dyson! I Love it! I bought the Pink one since $40.00 of it went to breast cancer! Sometimes when Target has them on sale. They give you a free $100.00 Gift Card with purchase! They had that sale the day after Thanksgiving! But they ran out of them. No rainchecks either! But it was a good sale to who ever got one! Best of Luck on your choice!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i have a hoover the one where the cord retracts and i've had it for almost 2 years and the suction is still unbelievable. I'd recommend that one to anyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I love my husband's Ridgid shopvac! They are built to pick up nails, and they pick up EVERYTHING!!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 AM on Sep. 12, 2009