Has anyone ever had a spinal epidural steroid injection or occipital nerve block?

I do not mean a regular epidural like when your having a baby. I mean people with chronic back and/or neck pain, or other health issues. And the epidural was used for pain control. Has anybody ever had a occipital nerve blocks for severe migraines. How was your experience? Did it work for you? Was it painful? What were your side effects? Would you do it again? I had two epidural steroid injections in my neck. Never again! It hurt like hell and it did not help. I had a series of three occipital nerve blocks. They did not work for more than a week. Last shot actually made my head burn, it did not numb it like usual. I also gained 2o pounds in 6 weeks. I feel worse now than before. I'd really like to know if anybody has had a similar experience.

beaniesmommy04

Asked by beaniesmommy04 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Health

• No answers yet