Abortion

Ok just a healthy debate. If you believe it is ok to have an abortion do u also believe it is ok to murder someone? Is it the same thing? Why is a baby not a human person if it is still inside the womb? Your thoughts?

blondiemaker07

Asked by blondiemaker07 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Health

• I personally am very against abortion. I have 3 adopted nieces and I cant imagine if they had been aborted. I really feel bad for women who do it because I am sure they are haunted by the choice that they made.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 6:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i think you had the your choice when you had sex dont get me wrong there is one reason why it would be ok and that is for rape
    kahlynsmommy1

Answer by kahlynsmommy1 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I am pro-choice. I am NOT pro-abortion. I don't know anyone that is. However, I do feel that abortion needs to remain legal. Why? For the same reason that I feel someone should have the right to refuse chemo for their child. Because no matter the choices or beliefs of those around us, the government should have no place in those choices.

IF we give our government to state that a child who can not live without the mother has rights we are also handing them the right to keep those on life support alive even if that's not what they want. Or the right to force chemo... Once you give them that power they will abuse it. So, we just can't give it.

I do not understand why we are still fighting this fight. If a child is unable to live outside the mother, it's not legally a life, it can't be. However, I do feel that late term abortions need to be stoped unless there is a threat to the mothers life.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I have always been pro-life. Very much pro-life. I just had to have a surgical abortion, though, to save my life. I had an ectopic pregnancy, and when they are left untreated they have a 50% mortality rate for the mother and almost 100% mortality rate for the baby. It was too late to treat it with drugs, so I underwent laproscopic surgury to remove the baby and placenta.

Since then I have been having second thoughts about it. I disagree with Sabrina... ending a life is not the same as allowing someone who is already dying to expire. However, I made my choice for what, to me, was a very good reason. And I have had to change the way I think about embryos in order to avoid massive grief and guilt. Is it a human? Yes. Is it alive? Yes. But is it a PERSON? I can't say for sure any more. I am still against abortion used as a form of birth control. though.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• definately not abortion but i do think that the hospital should at least make you take a class before taking a baby home because the only semi ok if that thing is less children being abused and less off the street i hate the thought of abortion if it was never invented that would be great if you get preg and are not ready there is adoption i think that ppl that have abortions are to wrapped up in themselves and dont want to loose their perfect figure or endure the labor pain... idk just my opinion
    jaders1220

Answer by jaders1220 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I am pro-choice. I am not pro-abortion. I think we have a right to choose, that's all. You asked why is it not a human, if it's in the human womb? Well, it's not really a human, because it's still in the early, early fetus stage and can barely even be deciphered as a human at the early stages when a woman gets an abortion. Just MHO.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 7:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I find it odd that the only two people who posted anon were the ones with something negative to say. I am not an ass just because I have an opinion. That is why it is my own opinion. I never asked that anyone take mine as their own.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2009