Are you embarrased about using WIC?

I've only been on WIC for about a month, and I always go to this small little convenience store because I'm embarrased. I never even gave people with/on WIC a second thought until people on CM made it such a big deal!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Don't let people get to you. A lot of people just love starting drama and they have nothing better to do with their time and life, except to make other people feel like crap for being on PA or on WIC. If you are using it for the right reasons then there is nothing wrong. For instance, if you are on PA or WIC because you absolutly have to be, then by all means do what you need to do for your family and child. If you keep popping kids out to get more welfare benefits, well then shame on you. Thats just my opinion. I was personally embarassed at first when we first got it, but it got to the point that I realized I had no other choice at the moment, and I am doing what I had to do to provide the best possible life for my kids. I don't want to be on it forever, and as soon as I am medically able to work again, and my fiance is able to find a job, we won't be on it. Dont worry what other people think. Some just bash to feel superior
    emmas_mama07

Answer by emmas_mama07 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• not at all its there because its helpful i mean if everyone could save $40 a week on there grocery list would they of coarse this is america and im greatful i have 3 small babies on cuppys that need at least 3 cups of milk a day wic saves me like at least $3 daily
    jaders1220

Answer by jaders1220 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• if you need some help to keep your child healthy and stuff, use it. omg i mean it's like at least you're asking for help, rather than letting your children starve. not everyone has a three figure salary and a house and car that's paid off already and i swear that some moms just think that they are so much better than the ones that don't have it as good as they do. do not ever feel embarrased that you have to use wic. for christ sake, if it embarrasses you, stop using it.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 7:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• No, not at all.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Don't worry about what others think you do what you need to do and if someone does say something to you just walk away. I work full time and yes i get WIC and I also get a little bit of FS and it helps us out one income and 3 people to feed I am doing my best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• no, not the with the way the economy is. im not embarassed about using ebt either. when you have a baby or are pregnant you do what you need to so you and baby are healthy, who cares what other people think.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I'm sometimes embarrassed to be stereotyped as a normal WIC user. You know the image: broke, lazy, stupid, trashy, all those other insults. But assistance is there for a reason and WIC isn't a typical assistance program. It's WAY easier to qualify for WIC than other things income wise. Besides, anyone with a negative opinion on you based on stereotypes is an ass who's opinion doesn't matter anyway.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 7:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• You don't have anything to feel embarrassed about! You are doing what you need to in order to take care of and feed your family. With the way the economy is, every little bit helps!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Nope. I can't stand the breed of humans that actually give any thought to people on any type of PA. I guess I'm more worried about my own family than they are.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• hell no im not embarassed.
    megannb

Answer by megannb at 8:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2009