Anyone have any reccomendations for cruises? We want to go on one in about 3 months.

I was on the disney cruise a few years ago and we want to go on a cruise after our wedding in December but since I only know about the disney line I figured I would ask. Anyone been on a cruise and really liked it? My hubby has never been on a cruise before and I want him to love it. What cruise line was it and where did you go. We cant afford much but if we have to postpone even after december we will so we can go. We will be taking our kids too cause no one in our family could keep an eye on the kids for a week.

mommyin07n08

Asked by mommyin07n08 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Travel

• Carnival to Cozumel was wonderful. Carival to Grand Cayman was also wonderful. The cruise itself was fun..but the destinations made the trip. We snorkeled in Cozumel and went diving at Grand Cayman. December to Mexico or the Carribean is peak price season though.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Dont forget your passport, if you dont already have one. Rules have changed and now even for a cruise you must have one and it can take up to 10 weeks or longer.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• haha, we just got back from a carnival cruise today! We went to Nassau and Half Moon Cay. It was really nice. The places themselves...well Half Moon Cay was really a private beach and so relaxing- you actually appreciate it more once you hit Nassau. Nassau is like a giant gift shop mixed with the scariest drivers on earth. We saw a woman in a moped with her child hit a car while our own bus was driving in the middle of the road and nearly hit a person twice! Nuts! There is a resort there called Atlantis and its very very nice- worth going on an excursion there. Otherwise, its all about the boat and making the most of your time. I've also gone to Cozumel on the same ship (fascination is great!) and the pace was a big gift shop but the activities on the cruise were great. Call a carnival agent for the best price- we got our cruise, airfare and a night in a hotel for under $1300 (for two). 4-5 days is best.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 10:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• We have liked Princess, Celebrity, Carnival and of course Disney.

Disney is almost always the most expensive.
    Disney does have babysitting for children under 2. I don't know if any other line does and it will be on a cruise line and individual ship basis.

eg Carnival doesn't offer the same programs on all it's ships year round.

We normally aim to pay less than $100 per adult per day for any of our cruises. Disney is the only exception.

You can't pay me enough to get on an NCL cruise. Free style cruising and the food was awful, and they ran out of omelet ingredients.

Have fun.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:53 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• we LOVE to cruise!!! If you go at the beginning of December they are CHEAP!!!!!
    Check out www.cruisecritic.com to answer all of your questions!! Wehave done both Carnival and Royal Carrbean and get inside adjoining cabins for the 4 of us!. absolutely love it!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:54 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I've been on 10... Royal, Celebrity and Carnival...
    We are not overly fond of Carnival, but will cruise on them if it's the right price.
    Celebrity was the nicest, and Royal is our next fave.
    We only get a balcony stateroom now, so we tend to spend a bit more. We are spoiled now that we get a balcony.
    I've been to : Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Guadeloupe, Grenada, Venezuela, Aruba, Jamaica, Haiti, Grand Cayman, Belize, and a few places in Mexico. Our fave is Grand Cayman and I don't even get off the ship in Jamaica these days. We snorkeled with sharks in Belize..very cool!
    If you have questions let me know!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• What ever you do DON"T use Imperial Majesty. They Ruined our honey moon. We drove to the other end of Florida and then sat on the Dock for 6 HOURS they never told us the cruise was canceled. They new 5 hours earlier that we weren't going, but chose to let everyone sit on a loading dock with all their luggage on the boat and all their money and credit cards given to the cruise line because we had to use their "special cards" on the cruise. My husband was the one to find out only when he left to find a bathroom and over heard the crew talking about it at the other end of the dock. So yeah I don't recommend them at all. But good luck and I hope you have a better time then we did.
    lonsomedove

Answer by lonsomedove at 9:28 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• We found one we want to go on. Its on Carnival on the Paradise. Its a 4 day trip from Long Beach to Catalina and Ensanada. Were really excited its only gonna cost $716 for the 4 of us not including airfare and excursions. My husbands been to Catalina before so he will be our tour guide there so it will be free and in Mexico I think were gonna do a 6 hour tour where they shot some movies and it will include lunch plus then again my husband has been there so we will just tour around again for pictures. Any one know if you have to pay for the sitting service they provide on board for 2 and over? Anyone know if they have sitting service for under 2 so my hubby and I can have a "honeymoon" night? This is our honeymoon so we are really excited.
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I just wanted to thank you all for your wonderful insights, I too am going on a cruise in October. I have learned that you do not need a passport if you are on a closed loop cruise, exiting at leaving the U.S. at the same port. I will need my certified birth certificate, and photo id. This is my first cruise and I really don't know what to expect but I really look forward to it.
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 10:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Thanks for letting me know that too cheapsk8mom. I didnt know that. I was on a cruise in 2006 but they have changed the laws. I didnt know that either. Were not going to go on a cruise anymore cause my mom made a good point that our kiddos wont like it and I think I might be pregnant so I dont want to be 11 weeks pregnant on a cruise. We find out this weekend if were expecting baby number 3!!!
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2009